5.04.2011

We Made It

I forgot to write about my half-marathon from last weekend. We headed to Louisville to run the Derby Festival Half Marathon this past Saturday.

I'm no runner, but the 13.1 miles on foot was a blast. Angie ran with me the entire time and it certainly was a memorable experience. It's a really cool thing to accomplish as a married couple. Plus, it was the first run we've done together since before we had kids.

I'm incredibly grateful for my wife talking me into doing it and I'm proud that we maintained a training schedule for that long with three little ones in the home. I genuinely believe that physical activity and being outside is truly beneficial to a marriage. Angie and I have a beautifully healthy relationship, and I attribute a lot of that to doing things like this together.

Get out there... and take your spouse with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment