12.29.2010

An Old Friend

I've ridden the last couple winters with no ski goggles. They are, in no way, a necessity so I never replaced mine after they mysteriously disappeared... or one of my kids lost them.

Well, I got a few gift cards to Dicks Sporting Goods for Christmas and thought that I'd use that opportunity to replace them. I forgot how much they helped. The other day snow was coming down pretty hard. These are the scenarios that I enjoy having them. They keep the snow out of your eyes and the cold off of your face.

After about an hour long ride, I was very thankful to have goggles back in the gear bag. I've never had super cheap goggles, but I've seen them at Wal-mart and Target. If you'd ever want to give them a try for winter riding, I say go for it. I'm glad I went with the middle-of-the-road pair, though. They're a great application for protection and anti-fogginess... but I'd support anything that gets someone out on the bike in these cold months.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment