12.02.2010

Cold Day


It was a cold cold day on the Xtracycle. Luckily, I've had enough experience in the cold weather to dress somewhat appropriately for these temps. But I don't, in any way, have the nicest stuff you could buy. My cold weather gear is a bit bulky, being that it's on the low end of performance. That's the biggest annoyance with winter weather.

It's not that I'm getting cold. It's that the restrictive clothing makes every pedal stroke require more effort. This morning's commute felt like it took more energy than a 30 mile ride... and it probably did. I continue to pick away at getting it all replaced. Every Christmas is an opportunity to ask for one more garment or one more piece of gear that will get me further down the road.

Until I've accumulated the perfect winter wardrobe, I'll continue to ride. It's too fun to miss out.

Get out there.

2 comments:

  1. I've accumulated a nice winter riding wardrobe over the past 7 or 8 years. I bought a few items each year. Now that I have just about everything I need for just about any weather condition, the stuff is starting to wear out. So by the time I've acquired everthing, now I have to start replacing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Doug - I think that's the reality. I have to remind myself that a pair of gloves is about as much as one tank of gas, so it's always cheaper in the end.

    ReplyDelete