11.29.2010

Doug's Pug


I'm totally stealing this pic from Doug's blog. But I would rather reference a bike in action versus a bike on a retailer's website. Today's bike envy is brought to you by the Surly Pugsley. This bike is freakin' awesome. And although I have very little use for a sand/snow bike, I find myself salivating over it every winter.

The tires are nearly four inches wide and float over anything that comes their way. That's what makes them perfect for snow. The footprint is wide enough to float over the top instead of pushing through. I've considered rationalizing this as my winter commuter and mountain bike. But I'm still a bit too far away from reality.

Soon enough, I'll be cutting through the snow on my mountain bike and thinking about the Pug. Maybe one day.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment