2.24.2011

Tire Swap


For the last year, I've been running Schwalbe Marathon Cross tires on the Xtracycle. They've performed flawlessly. I really have loved them. There have often been times, though, that I have wondered if something less aggressive would feel a little better. I found myself wanting to try the Big Apples that Schwalbe makes in comparison to the Marathon Cross. The picture above is the Cross and below is the Big Apple.

Well, it's going to take a while before I wear through those Cross', so I wasn't going buy them anytime soon... so I thought. I saw a set of Big Apples on Craigslist and emailed the guy to see if he'd be up for a trade. I had some great 700c tires in the garage that only had about 30  miles on them. To my excitement, he was in.

Now I get to play with the new tires' performance and see what works best for the application I need them for. It's fun to play with bikes. I'm a bit of a tinkerer and a gear junkie. I love to experiment with stuff like this and change things up. I'm excited to get it all tested out.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment