3.27.2010

Wool



This is the way to go if you're trying to figure out the whole "my feet get cold when I ride in winter or rain" debacle. It took me a while to learn this. I was a fair weather cyclist for two reasons... my hands got cold and my feet got cold.

I wrote earlier about using mittens and how that solved the problem with the hands. The other issue was solved with wool socks. Even when my feet get wet, wool keeps them warm. That's the big difference.

In the winter, cotton socks would be warm until my feet would sweat. The wetness of my feet would then make them cold. But I finally learned that wool stays warm, even when wet.

The same is true for all wool cycling (or non-cycling) apparel. Put it on and try it. It'll make a difference, I promise.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment