8.03.2011

PureFit Nutrition Bars

Recently, I received a package from PureFit requesting that I try their bars and do a review of them on this blog. I have to be honest, I wasn't too excited about sinking my teeth into a gluten free protein bar. I'm not a huge fan of protein bars to begin with. So when someone claims that they removed all the gluteny goodness out of an already gritty and sandy food source, it doesn't really rev my engine.

PureFit claims that they don't sacrifice any taste with their approach of using healthier ingredients (no wheat, gluten, dairy, trans fats, sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners). So was their claim legit?

I think so. Honestly, I was really surprised at how great the bars tasted. It helped me to realize that protein bars, in general, have a very artificial flavor to them. That's one of the things I dislike about them. But these bars bring a big payoff with taste, calories and protein (18g per bar) without pumping other junk into your body.

I even gave them to a gluten free friend of mine. She hasn't eaten gluten stuff for years so I wanted to get her opinion on the bars. She loved them, too. Very few products, she said, can pull of what PureFit has done.

So there you have it. If you're looking for a more natural approach to energy bars or need a gluten free solution (here's looking at you, Doug), this could be it. I'd totally give it a try. And just so you know, I didn't receive any payment for this review other than the bars to test. It's merely my humble opinion. These guys aren't sponsoring this blog in any way.

Get out there.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great product. I wouldn't eat it myself. Along with having celiac disease I also have an intolerance to foods high in lectin proteins. Lectins are in the same family of proteins as gluten. Beans are high in lectins so I avoid eating soy products. Plus I question their GMO free claim. Less than 1% of soybeans grown in the U.S. are GMO free. GMO products contain higher amounts of lectin proteins because they use the lectin protein to bind together other molecules.

    But thanks for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Doug - Dang! I have a bunch of celiac friends. It's a pain but there's still a lot of options out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myhomefitness.ie also offers a range of pre-owned certified equipment with the same service guarantee as our new product range with prices up to 50% off.Treadmills

    ReplyDelete