10.25.2010

Perspective


There's lots of things that you miss when you're driving your car 55mph down the road. That's one of the reasons I love riding my bike. I have an understanding of the landscape that those car commuters can't appreciate. Take those painted arrows and lines on the road, for instance. They're perspective is quite skewed when you're buzzing by. But at 16mph, you see how distorted they are.

There's lots of fun things like that you pick up along a bike commute. Personally, seeing the world at a slower pace has really benefited the way I think. It seems to take you back to a time when your day wasn't filled with meeting to meeting, text message to email, rush here to there mentality. It causes an adjustment to who you are, not just how you get to work.

Give it a try. Ride to work. Heck, even walk to work. I had a buddy do it recently. It's a great way to gain perspective.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment