12.27.2012

Nothing New

I've taken a couple weeks off of the blog. No reason, really. I've ridden less, I guess. The church I work for is opening a new campus on the other side of town in a week. It's requiring me to drive a lot more. Once we get settled in there and I build a rhythm, I will figure out how to ditch the car. But for now, it's been a necessary evil. I also took a week off of work. So there wasn't any commuting.
Salt has made it's way onto the road. Using gears is going to become more of a rarity as the nasty conditions threaten my drivetrains. Winter is the Super Bowl of seasons for the single speed Cross Check.
Without snow, though, it's just a dreary landscap. Photos don't look so nice when everything gets gray.

On a lame note, the Subaru overheated again this morning. I just had it fixed two weeks ago. Boo. I hate having to depend on a car.

Get out there.

8 comments:

  1. I bought myself a Single Speed for Xmas to beat the drive train conundrum.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to ride trails. Rode over to Morehead with a friend and he showed me some stuff they've been cleaning up. We opted not to take the bikes, but it would have been a good day to ride. The trail was in good shape. Gonna try to go back on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are the trails in Morehead at Cave Run lake? I'm looking for some new trails myself to get into!

      Delete
    2. There are some trails at Cave Run Lake. There's also the Sheltowee Trace Trail over there. But most everything over there is worth the drive.

      Delete
  3. "Boo. I hate having to depend on a car."

    I hear ya there. I'm the same. Ironic though, since Subaru's usually are cars you CAN depend on. We're on our second Subaru in our household and absolutely love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've noticed several people having this issue with the Forrester. I think it's a head gasket. Expensive fix. But this car hasn't had any mechanical issues in the seven years I've owned it.

      As little as I drive it (about twice a week), I still have to have it for the kids' stuff.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete