9.27.2012

Long Ride on the Longtail

I did a lot of meandering on the route in this morning. I had some time and the weather was in my favor. So I slowly made my way across the landscape with out a direct route in mind. The Xtracycle was the ride of choice today. There's a guy at work (who has four kids like me) and is thinking about entering the realm of longtail riding. So I'm letting him borrow the Xtra for a day to see what he thinks.

The Cross Check is at the office. I'll just ride it home today and grab the Xtra tomorrow. Looks like rain is in the forecast for the ride home.

Get out there.

3 comments:

  1. What did he think? Is he looking at other options?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it. He's shopping for a donor bike right now. I recommended the Yuba, too. But he needs something that will roll in and out of his front door. The Xtra's removable horizontal racks that pop on and off are perfect for that.

      Delete
    2. I didn't even know you were replying to my comments! Thank you. Your comment on my post this morning reminded me to check :) Is there a way to subscribe to your comments so I don't forget?

      Have you been tracking the new Xtracycle Edgerunner? And other cargo bikes? Great developments. I am passing through Lexington today! I will wave. Might try to stop at Mother Nurture on my way home Tuesday, if I am not out too late... and second to that, the baby I watched in the spring moved to Lex over the summer, so I have another reason to visit. If I do, I will shout out on twitter to see if you are available.

      Delete