12.09.2011

Long Road Ahead

During my morning rides, I use my mental energy to reflect and pray on what's happening in my life. That is some of the most valuable time in each of my days. Today's reflection was an important one. We're two weeks away from the due date of our fourth child. I couldn't be more excited about how God has blessed me with these kids. I can't believe that I'll have one more running around soon.

I love my kids. I love my life with my kids. Nothing on this planet brings me more joy than having Angie as my wife and these little ones laughing at my side.

As I look into the next couple weeks, I realize I've got a long road ahead. My life is about to change drastically and I'm totally okay with that. How do I deal with all those stresses in life? Well, I have a faith in an amazing God. But I also believe that He's blessed me with two legs and a garage full of bikes. These rides are so therapeutic. They bring a lot of peace in that time of solitude. As my long road takes on some new challenges, I'm glad I've got this bicycle to help me cope. In the smallest of ways, it makes a big difference.

Get out there.

2 comments:

  1. Here, here. I can't agree with you more. Pedaling keeps me sane and grounded, providing valuable clarity and thinking time. I have two boys who are VERY LOUD and I love them to pieces. Cycling is my solace.
    http://anniebikes.blogspot.com/2011/10/lake-effect.html

    Congratulations on adding another little one to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take more than a couple of cups of coffee in conversation to express how much I agree with you on this. Keep those prayers flowing...

    ReplyDelete