9.16.2013

Hammock Lunch

Today was another hammock and Kindle reading lunch break. Here's how it goes: 5 minutes riding, 5 minutes setting up hammock, 40 minutes reading, 5 minutes tearing down hammock, 5 minutes riding back. I love it.
The Esbit offers hot coffee and the Kindle brings several dozen books with me.
A curb tried to steal the good vibes away from me as I pinch flatted on my way back. Luckily, I was already in the work parking lot. I was trying to hop the curb and my bad timing made the last eighth of a mile on foot. Not bad, though. First flat EVER on the Troll.

It was a good way to spend my lunch. I'm glad I work close enough to lots of opportunities to sneak into the trees.

Get out there.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific idea. I have similar lunchtime spots to get away to, but none of them include a bicycle ride or a hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good book really enhances any lunch break.

    ReplyDelete