6.05.2012

You Should Commute Too

Bicycle advocacy isn't my forte. I believe in all the efforts people make. I sign a pledge here and there. I'll occasionally show up to a meeting or something. But if I jumped into that world too heavily, I wouldn't have time to be on my bike and ride. So here's my effort for advocating you being on your bike.

Riding your bike is awesome. You should try commuting to work.
You'll notice that old swing hanging from a tree that you'd never see at 60mph.
You'll see horses.
Here's Neil this morning loving the commute. He's just got an incredibly inexpensive Craigslist bike and a cheap Walmart rack with a bag bungied to it. But he's riding and loving it!

That's about all I have for advocacy. Here it is again in case you missed it...


Riding your bike is awesome. You should try commuting to work.


Get out there.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This anonymous comment could be from any (or all) of my friends.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same with advocacy. My way of advocating is by setting a positive example of what can be done on a bike and by being out there everyday doing it.

    I haven't seen horses on my commute, but yesterday I saw a doe and a day or two old fawn a few feet off in the bushes. Would have never seen that from a car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the best form of advocacy is just to get out and ride. Maybe it's naive, but I like to think that if enough people started doing it, more people would realize just how great it is...besides there's a saying right? Be the change you want to see in the world?

    ReplyDelete