11.22.2010

Cross Races in Town

As far as I know, cyclocross is only in Lexington once a year (if you readers know differently, let me know!). Yesterday was that one chance for me to ride over and take a look in the dirty world of cross racing. Despite the incredibly strong winds, I made it there and back in one piece.
To watch the races, you immediately gain respect for those on the course. For 45 minutes, they're giving it everything they have and then some. For those of you who don't know, cross racing is somewhere in between riding a road race and riding a mountain bike race.

There's barriers, obstacles and more than one opportunity to bite it on the course. It looks like a blast. I keep telling myself I need to give it a try. I've got everything I need to go for it, I just need to make it happen.
Maybe next year.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment