7.14.2011

After Work Trails

Yesterday after work, I decided to hit up the local park that offers a bit of trail riding on the mountain bike. As I was riding, I was trying to figure out how I would describe this park on the blog. It's a five minute drive from my office, so it's incredibly convenient. And most parks won't allow MTB's on the trails, if they even have trails at all. But in all honesty, the trails aren't much to write home about.

I spent about 45 minutes out there yesterday and pretty much rode everything about two and a half times. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely. But it's nothing too exciting. I'd say it's comparable to a roadie heading out around their neighborhood and coming home. It's nothing too grandios, but at least you're out. I'd rather ride a simple short trail than not ride at all.
So I'll stick to it for lunchtime rides or after work stuff. It's worth it for the ease and accessibility. Plus, I just like being outside. It's fun to ride the dirt along the creek and get some fresh air.

Get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment