5.11.2010

Another Reason


Here's another reason I subscribe to a different way of thinking than the "Road Bike = Fast Bike" philosophy. My bike actually is fast. The tires aren't as skinny as some road bikes. The steel that it's made out of is heavier than other materials. I don't average much more than 16 mph on most of my rides. But it is fast enough for me.

But those "other" bikes can't pull of the road, head down a trail and follow a creek to a secluded bench to read a book. I choose not to go fast. I choose to read a nice book (strapped to the back there) when the moment leads me there. It's harder to find opportunities like this when you're glued to the asphalt.

I love this bike. And I love this way of making a bike part of my life.

Get out there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to find this blog!

    That's a great bike, I also use a trekking-road bike, and I can say that she took me wherever I wanted till now.

    Keep enjoying, we'll be reading you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! It's great to have you reading.

    ReplyDelete